2019 Library Diversity and Residency Studies (LDRS) Conference
The Library Diversity and Residency Studies (LDRS) Conference will be held in Greensboro, NC on August 26-27, 2019. The 2019 LDRS Conference is focused on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in libraries, including but not restricted to Library Diversity Residency programs. This conference is being hosted by UNC Greensboro in collaboration with the ACRL Diversity Alliance and the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL). This event invites broad participation and attendance by individuals from all academic and public libraries, LIS programs, and other interested groups.
Presentations will include:
- Topics related to Library Diversity Residency Programs, including best practices, program startup, etc.
- Programs in libraries devoted to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) topics
- Development of positions related to DEI, including discussions of their focus, roles, and responsibilities
- Toolkits, curriculum materials, and other information useful in preparing DEI training programs, workshops, and awareness-building discussions
- Scaling diversity residency and fellowship programs for four- and two-year college libraries, both public and private
- How diversity programs can engage with public outreach programs, special collections, and other existing library services
- Organizational culture within the context of recruiting people of color to primarily white institutions
- Building trustworthiness in library DEI efforts
- Mentoring and building mentorship networks
- Other library-centered DEI efforts and priorities
Registration is non-refundable. Registration funds can be transferred to another attendee but we cannot offer refunds.
Includes attendance and meals for both conference days:
$75 for regular registrations
$25 for current students
A registration link will be provided soon.
Conference Venue: The conference will be held at the O’Henry Hotel, located at: 624 Green Valley Rd, Greensboro, NC 27408.